Friends of Burma, Inc. Newsletter Fall 2023
Dear our partners and friends, may the wisdom and blessings of the Fall Season be with you. As the brilliance of fall foliage is all around us, we are in many ways reminded to reflect on what we had sowed and relish those that have ripened and come to fruition, while also being aware of the need to let go to give way to new beginnings. Together with you, we have been able to brighten and give some hope to the people of Burma, struggling through one of the most challenging times in its history. While the troubles seem never-ending for them, we are humble to witness how they are blessed with resilience and perseverance. And for that, FOB is grateful to be part of the blessings. Your love, care and support are greatly appreciated, and we are convinced more than ever that your continuing support is increasingly essential for those in dire needs. In Romans 12:12, it reads “be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.” Let us continue to bring hope, share the pain and pray relentlessly for them.
Phil Schock, one of our board members, wrote why he supports FOB
I support Friends of Burma because I believe in helping those in need there, who face difficulties in obtaining medical care and education and proper care for children. I support Friends of Burma because through helping schools, clinics, displaced people, and child care programs in Burma, the message of the love of Jesus is reconfirmed and spread to many, over and over.
I support Friends of Burma because the organization reaches many people in Burma through a variety of programs and projects, with a minimum amount of overhead costs. I know that very close to 100% of the funds that I send will actually reach the people and projects for which they are intended.
I believe that God wants us to use what we have been given to further His Kingdom, not simply for our own pleasure and our own ends. I believe that in years to come, no one will recall what kind of house I lived in or any of my earthly exploits - in fact in years to come, very few people will remember me at all. But by helping a few people in very simple ways, by being important in the life of even one child, maybe it will have made a difference in the world, and that I lived in it. That is why I support Friends of Burma. Phil Schock
|Donation of Rice
L.A.B.C., Daleh mission is now serving a mission field located in Ann township, Rakhine State. The mission group used the donation in buying rice bags and distributing them to 85 IDP families during May 2023. Thank you for supporting our mission.
Rakhine State suffered from a cyclone last May 2023, and we have a lot of people who need help. People are sick because of mosquitoes and they do not have enough blankets and mosquito nets to prevent them from mosquito bites. With the donation of FOB we went to Myiangyagar and distributed 15 blankets, 15 mosquito nets, 15 mats and 15 pillows to those who needed (photos below). They were very grateful for unexpected love gifts which can protect them from sickness.
|Naw Her Gay from Kwe Lwe Orphanage
|Naw Htoo Wah Lay
|Another group of women works to sew traditional clothes which they sell so they can pay school fees for their children.
|EC Members of Student Council (Theology)
Activities on World Environment Day
Activities on World Environment Day
- Please tell one person about Friends of Burma and what we do. The story you tell can make a big difference in many lives in Burma.
- Child Care Centers:
- Pu Saw Bu: funds for building of additional toilet
- Myit Tar Yeik Mon: needs support for children’s education and living
- New Eden: Medication support for sickness
- Pu Mooler Theh: needs bicycles for children to go to school
- Htee Moo Htaw Ber: WiFi power bank for online studying
- Chit Myit Tar: Text book for children for online studying
- Myanmar Institute of Thelogy:
- 90th Anniversary Building of MIT (to accommodate more students in dire needs for education)
- Scholarships for the needy students of MIT
- Upgrading Higher Education Facilities of MIT (Auditorium Facilities, Classroom Facilities, Digital Facilities, Eco-friendly Facilities, Education Lab Facilities, Facilities for People with Special Needs, Health Care Facilities, Library Facilities, Musical Instruments, Office Facilities, Research Facilities, Solar System, Sporting Facilities, Studio Facilities). Please take a moment to review a variety of facilities above and pick one or two that touch your heart to support.
FOB, tax ID 20-5572384, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and all donations are tax-deductible.
This newsletter was written and compiled by Anna Barbara Maung and Kanyaw Paw Tha.
Friends of Burma, Inc. 548 Home Ave. Ft. Wayne, IN 46807
Tel. 260-745-3658, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: http://friendsofburma.org, Blog: http://blog.friendsofburma.org